What's New at Amazon.com

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Runescape: What next?


Is there life after Baby Jad?  After spending weeks dedicated to attaining a bouncing baby TzRek-Jad, I'm still kind of wondering.  At first, I had that euphoria you get when a hard task is done.  Take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy it a bit.  Trouble is, It's been a week or more now, and I still haven't really gravitated to another goal.  I had a kind of short-term one.  Decided to get Herblore high enough to make my own extreme potions and overloads.  Too many guides these days suggest overloads, and I hate not having access to them.
To start with, my Herblore was 89.  Already high enough to make one or two of the extremes.  Given enough money, Herblore is lightning fast to raise.  So I spent well over 35 million buying enough ingredients to make 5000 each of all the extremes.  By the time I was done, herblore was 97, and I had all the extremes ready to use as needed.  So I made 100 3-dose Overloads, combined them down to 75 4-doses, and that should hold me for a while.  And with all those extremes in the bank, I'll just have to buy Torstol leaves on an as-needed basis.

While getting Overloads required time and focus to accomplish, it wasn't, in the grand scheme of Runescape, as big of a goal as I usually set.  Once done, I went back to the Barrows brothers and burned off a few overloads just to see how well they worked.  The results were good.  Moment to moment, I could see improvement in my combat, but the biggest difference was the time for each run.  Without overloads, I tend to take 10 minutes per round.  With overloads, it was more often 8 minutes, or even 7.  That's a 20 to 30 percent improvement.  

 Highly satisfactory.




After that, I figured it was time to make money again.  So I spent a few hours with the Aviansies.  Nothing super exciting here.  Avies drop noted Adamant bars 4 at a time, and fairly often.  They also drop low-end Runite items now and then.  Between selling the bars, and hi-alching the rune stuff, wound up bringing home 1.3 million in gold and adamant bars.    
Next I went penguin hunting.   It was Tuesday, and Monique and I try to spy all the penguins as soon as possible.


After the penguins, I'm making House Teletabs.  Not fast money, but solid and dependable.  Besides, my personal teletab stock was getting low.  I like to keep around 1000 in the bank, and after a long time using them, had gotten down to about 200.  I don't know if that's typical or not, but it's always worked well for me.

For the moment, that's where I'm at.  Next up?  Not sure, but thinking maybe back to Dungeoneering.  It's the only combat skill left to max out.  I'm still interested in Jad, and have been thinking about Tormented Demons too.  Haven't made up my mind for sure.  But I know there's still plenty to do!

No comments: