What's New at Amazon.com

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Runescape: Meleeing Jad... How did I wind up in Mobilising Armies?

Oops.  I've been spending a lot of time in the Dungeons working toward a Chaotic Rapier.  Long story short (it's been posted all over this blog in the past) I want to learn to fast-melee Jad.  Found an excellent guide on Youtube that really makes it understandable.  His recommended equipment, inventory, and tactics squeeze every last boost  to hit Jad hard and fast.  
 Very cool guide to Fight Caves- quick and simple (and high requirements!)

I thought all I still needed was the Chaotic Rapier.  Of course, with only 62k tokens right now, there's a long road to travel before getting it.  But steady progress will eventually do the trick.  Last night though, looking back over the guide, it suddenly dawned on me… Aw, man, he recommends an Imbued Berserker Ring!  Now I've got to learn how to play ANOTHER darn multi-player game.
I hate team sports.  I like soloing.  Is the Berserker Ring(i) really necessary? 
Did some Googling, looked at all the gear, and realized, what he's doing is squeezing the last possible drop into the mix to get the best hits possible.  If I want to consistently beat Jad quickly, then the Imbued Ring ought to be there.  If you're not familiar with it, Imbuing doubles all the original Berserker Ring's stats.  From 4 Crush and 4 Str, to 8 Crush and 8 Str.  It's all about stacking the odds in your favor.  Leave anything out, and beating TzTok-Jad is still possible, but not as likely.

So off I go, trying to learn the rules for Mobilising Armies.  Wiki has a very thorough guide, but it didn't really teach me how to play.  Getting started was very hard.  Even though I was in the world that only requires 4 players to start, I couldn't find enough other players to do the beginning scenario with.  Apparently nobody wants to play 'Conflict', they all want to play 'Siege'.  There's a reason.  In Mobilising Armies, 'Siege' is the fastest, easiest, and most consistent way to make Rank.  You need 300 Rank (and a couple hundred thousand reward points) to have your Berserker Ring imbued.  So everybody wants to play Siege.  You MUST play Conflict at least once, in order to unlock Siege.  There are two other scenarios after that, Hoard and Rescue.  But nobody cares about them.  Everybody is playing for the rewards, which means they need Rank, which means they play Siege.
Which, of course, left me for a long long long time trying to find someone to do Conflict with.  Once I finally got to play Conflict, that unlocked Siege.  After that it was easy.  EVERYBODY wants to play siege.  There's always plenty of players ready to go again.  

Now, here I am.  Suiciding roughly every 4 minutes of play.  I'm not going to explain it in detail.  If you want to know how to do it, click this link:
It's an excellent guide, clear, simple, with well-chosen images to help understand.

  It's not how the game was meant to be played, and I feel a little bad about it, but I don't really want to play the game, I just want the ring.  And since this is pretty much the same way everybody else here feels, we're all playing the same by mutual unspoken consent.  Of course, I don't mind winning, you get 2 rank points instead of one, but if it takes more than 4 extra minutes, I'm losing points by fighting for the win.  So if someone else wants it, more power to them.
Started yesterday evening, and have 72 Rank.  I'll be here a while, but not as long as I'll be in the Dungeons going for a Chaotic Rapier.  Good thing I'm stubborn!

No comments: