What's New at Amazon.com

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Change of Pace - Trying out the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield

With Thanksgiving, time to do my usual routine is severely curtailed.  But I had my goal of re-purchasing my set of Armadyl armor by this weekend, as part of my Fight Caves attempt.  Lack of time to do my grand exchange flips slowed me down a lot.  And then, the market price of most things I like to flip had begun fluctuating wildly, making it hard to consistently profit from it.  So I pulled some of my G. E. orders until things settle.  And I spent that money on my Armadyl suit.  I know, bad budgeting.  Now I'll be forever building up enough gold to keep all six slots full with my grand exchange flips.  But... I got my armor!  You'd think I would dash straight to the fight caves and make some practice runs.  I almost did.  Then I decided to do some moneymaking activities.  I've been tanking Avies for a few days, that always goes well.  But I wanted a change of pace, and I'd seen on the Runescape forums where people were doing well on the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield.  I've never really gone back after the quest that opened it (Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf).  So I geared up, and went to the battlefield.  It lived up to it's name - chaotic!  But after a while, when they quit being hostile, it settled into a standard routine.  I was a bit of fun, but the best drops I got were ammo for the hand cannon, and muddy keys.  When I can play again, I don't know if I'll go back immediately.  The Chaos Dwarf Battlefield looks like more of a long-term commitment than a steady income, and I prefer the Avies for a good steady income while having fun. 
If you'd like to try the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield out for yourself (after all, it's the only place Dragon Pickaxes are dropped, which are worth 14 million) Wiki has a good guide to get you started:  Chaos Dwarf Battlefield Wiki
In the meantime, as much as I'm dreading it, the fight caves are looming closer and closer on my horizon.

No comments: