What's New at Amazon.com

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Runescape: 100th blog, new goals, and the Queen Black Dragon

One of my proudest achievements: Getting 2 Baby Jads (Back when he still looked cool!)

 This marks my 100th Runescape blog.  Kind of a special occasion.  Cool timing, because with the new Runespan and Bonfires, I finally got Runecrafting and Firemaking both up from 92, to 99.  Getting two 99's in one week is pretty unusual.  


With Firemaking maxed, it's time to find the next goal.  I always go through a 'blah' stage between goals.  Not sure what to do next.  There's so much to do, and always new content coming out.  Monique and I have been enjoying Runescape since 2004, and it never gets old.  However, I'm not a big fan of mini-games.  Don't much care for the group activities.  That still leaves lots to do.  We both like skilling, though our specialties differ.

At the moment, my bank is low.  Making money would be good.  I like straightforward combat, but right now flipping on the GE sounds more appealing.  On the other hand, most of my game-time has been skilling recently, leaving no time for combat.  Dungeoneering is starting to call to me again.  Been ages since doing any.  That was always a lot of fun.

Monique thinks I ought to actively work toward my Strange Rock collection.  It's one of the Completionist goals.  But right now, getting all 99's is so far in the future I just can't get worried about Completionist.  Time for that after getting all 99's.  Probably take several years.  That's okay.  It's been fun so far, and will continue to be fun.  That's the reason we're still playing.
Jagex teaser shot of the Queen Black Dragon cave.
It might be smart not to get too involved in anything just yet.  Jagex has promised a new quest and a new boss monster this month.  We always do the quests together.  Our first achievement cape was the Quest cape.  Unless you count the Legends Cape.  After that it varied.  Monique was one of the early Farming 99s, and for years stayed high in the ranks.  My first 99 was easier than farming, but still pretty ambitious.  Trained on Gorillas with Dharok armor, and timed it to get Strength, Accuracy, and Defense maxed within seconds of each other.  As a fringe benefit, Constitution maxed out at nearly the same time.  Getting 4 99's within a few minutes was wonderful, but never happened again.  After that, it was all long training on one skill at a time.

This whole Queen Black Dragon boss thing sounds really intriguing.  Designed for high-level combatants, solo only (Yay for solo monsters!) and with a range of new rewards... plus an entire new dungeon to explore on your way to the Queen Black Dragon.  I'm kind of stoked, even if I'm not great at complex combat.  Can't wait to try her out!
Will she really look like this?  We should know in two weeks or so.
Bearing her in mind, maybe I'll just play at non-committal things until the new release.  We're already halfway through the month.  If there are no delays, it should all happen in two weeks or less.

What's your take?  All hail the Queen...  or "Oh H***, it's the Queen!"   ?

It's been a wild time with great updates recently.  Looking forward to the next ones!

No comments: