What's New at Amazon.com

Monday, September 2, 2013

Runescape 3: A Change of Habit

For a long, long time, I've been in maintenance mode.  Play Runescape every day, but it's very predictable.  Do the money run... Morchella mushrooms, cactus spines, harvest coconuts from the 6 palm trees.  Once a day, collect red sandstone, do the Wicked Hood free essence (I make Bloods with mine).  Do the Battlestaff pickup.  Get the free sand and cheap seaweed.

At 8:30 or 9:30, do two Sinkholes.  Immediately after, do a Dungeoneering floor for my daily challenge.  (It was the only skill left to train.)  Manage my POP.  Sounds like a lot, but it's really about an hour a day, spread out here and there.

When RS3 came out, it kind of re-invented Runscape for me.  The Battle of Lumbridge didn't catch my fancy immediately, but it has my attention now.  And then, Divination came out.

My routine has been blown sky-high.  In the interests of staying focused, and because I can't spend every waking moment playing, I've re-prioritized.  The day begins before work with POP and some Divination training.  I do Sinkholes at 8:30 in the evening, and POP as necessary.

Focusing on only doing the Dungeoneering daily challenges, which get done as assigned.  My 'money run' is gone.  Totally blew it off.  For a little longer, I'll be fighting for Saradomin.  Want the armour, and the weapon overrides.  (Already have sword and staff, halfway done getting the Hammer.)  Once I get the bonuses, I'll be leaving the Battle of Lumbridge behind.

Until I max Dungeoneering and/or Divination, that's going to be the routine.  Total change of pace.

How did it change your routine?

No comments: